Sunday, March 8, 2009

Poems......

PLEASE


Please don't ask me if I'm over it yet.
I'll never be "over it."

Please don't tell me she is in a better place.
She isn't here.

Please don't say, at least she isn't suffering.
I haven't come to terms why she had to suffer at all.

Please don't tell me you know how I feel.
Unless you have lost a child.

Please don't tell me to get on with my life.
I'm still here you'll notice.

Please don't ask me if I feel better.
Bereavement isn't a condition that "clears up."

Please don't say "well at least you had her for four months."
What day would you chose for you child to die?

Please don't tell me God never gives you more than you can bear.
Who decides how much a person can bear.

Please just say you are sorry.

Please just say you remember her, if you do.

Please just let me talk if I want to.

Please let me cry when I must.



*************************************************************************

Tissues, Tears & Treasure


A circle of chairs and boxes of tissue,
A roomful of tears and emotional issues.
Frightening at first, I did not want to enter,
Into this strange group, and be in the center.

What I soon learned, as we sat side by side.
We were bound by the love of our children who died.
Each shattered heart, desperately seeking a moment of peace,
from the pain and weeping.

So many things different, and yet all the same,
Hearts lost in a fog of loss and pain.
Those who have journeyed, much further than me.
Reached out in comfort, listened quietly.
Each shattered heart spoke, and the tissues were passed.
We never avoid speaking of the past.

This circle of friends, have found a bond.
And here I'm still known as "Olivia's Mom."
Slowly, I've found I can reach out to others.
Who are newly bereaved, fathers and mothers.
Strength I have found in this circle of chairs.
To grieve and heal and to show that we care.






1 comment:

Shari said...

Hi Chistina! The 2nd poem is not showing correctly. I like the first one - it sure sums everything up!

TOO GOOD FOR THIS WORLD